Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M

Yes I am aware... It's not Wednesday Morning, and defiantly not 3 AM. But I've got this song title thing going on this week so roll with it!

So this week in English we're started reading the play Raisin in the Sun. It's about an African American family moving into an all white neighborhood. Well I had my ditz moment of the day while reading it out loud. In the text it read "honest. Gee" WELL... instead of reading it with the period I read "Honest Gee." Which to most sounded like "Honest G" so the whole class was laughing at me. Sorry some random comic relief there.
Tonight on the Wednesday run, Britt and I took a random turn and headed up a street that I don't remember the name of, however looked oddly familiar. On it were two elementary schools right across the street from eachother, which caused to have a conversation about how odd it is that they used to have sister schools like that. Then I remembered how in Kindergarten I went to Eisenburg, which was right next door to Kahre. Thats when it hit me. We were running past Eisenburg and Kahre! I slowed down and walked to the front of the school to be sure and confirmed it right away. I slowly walked around to the Kindergarten playground and looked around. It was ironic at how nothing had really changed in 12 years since I was there. I climbed up and stood there and suddenly it hit me. Tears were falling down my face. I am going to GRADUATE this year. I couldnt even imagine doing that back then. Then I thought about how in a few years I'll probably stand out front of Arbor going "Wow! It hasnt changed a bit!"

No comments: