Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Crash go boom!

So tonight was the weekly group run. And unlike last time where the only interesting thing that happened was almost getting hit by a car, there was some added excitement.
So Britt and I are running along, just talking away as normal, when I start watching the couple running in front of us. So as I'm watching them making sure that they are going to continue around the basin and not turn away and off down some side road, and that's when it happened.
I simply miss stepped off the road. It's funny how something so simple could go so wrong. When I stepped off the road, my ankle rolled out causing me to slip. But here's where it gets interesting. When I slipped I somehow subconsciously threw my weight onto my other leg. This causes it to collapse and I skin my knee slightly, through my Addia swishy pants! (luckily they werent torn! Whew!)
So I was barely able to walk for 10 minutes, and when I was, what do I decide to do? RUN ON IT!!!! Yes, thats right, my thought process was basically, oh I can't walk, why not RUN! So I ran back to the store, and it auctually felt better, until now. When I'm sitting down, cleaning up my knee, icing my ankle.

No comments: