Friday, January 16, 2009
Daddy Daughter Date Night
So tonight was my once every six month night out with my dad.
Today we went to see Valkyrie, which I've been wanting to see but just couldnt find anyone to go with me. However, what else are two history buffs supposed to do when going to the movies together? Find a history movie to watch. And thats exactly what happened.
Valkyrie is about the most famous attempt on Hitler's life during WWII. It follows the plotting and planning that went into hopefully making it successful.
The movie isnt your normal war movie as the action sequences are limited and probably only add up to about only 10 minutes if even that. So if your looking for action, you wont find it here.
I must say that I have never been much of a fan of Tom Cruise, however, this film changed my opinion back to how i felt when I first saw him in Jerry Maguire.
After the movie, we went shopping for a little bit. Dinner ended up being polish dogs and sodas (well lemonade in my case) at Sams Club as we were kinda full from popcorn.
Overall, it was a great night with my dad.
Today we went to see Valkyrie, which I've been wanting to see but just couldnt find anyone to go with me. However, what else are two history buffs supposed to do when going to the movies together? Find a history movie to watch. And thats exactly what happened.
Valkyrie is about the most famous attempt on Hitler's life during WWII. It follows the plotting and planning that went into hopefully making it successful.
The movie isnt your normal war movie as the action sequences are limited and probably only add up to about only 10 minutes if even that. So if your looking for action, you wont find it here.
I must say that I have never been much of a fan of Tom Cruise, however, this film changed my opinion back to how i felt when I first saw him in Jerry Maguire.
After the movie, we went shopping for a little bit. Dinner ended up being polish dogs and sodas (well lemonade in my case) at Sams Club as we were kinda full from popcorn.
Overall, it was a great night with my dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment