Thursday, January 29, 2009
Sweet Thursday
Sweet pain... thats what I mean there. My hamstrings are so tight and sore I could barely walk today. But no matter... I could still run.
Yesterday at the first day back to track Coach had us do 40 lunges which led to massive soreness throughout us all. However, I pushed the pain back and did 3 miles with the boys. Which was amazing fun as we started singing on the way back to school. Don't Stop Believing by Journey to be exact. We're running down this quiet street when all of a sudden I hear Confer start screaming "Just a small town girl living in a looooonely world!" Very out of key I might add. Then Conner joined in and then I started up. So were running down this street screaming Journey and all I can do is think about how awesome these guys are and how much I'm going to miss them. Finally about the time we reach the corner we had ran out of breath so the singing had died, but still. I have this theory that runners love singing crazy stuff just to prove how crazy we are.
Once we got back we just sat there and talked about random stuff while stretching and listening to music as I had started my truck just to give us something to listen to. Which then caused me to ALMOST... not fully... fall out of my seat and onto the hard pavement below. I had been talking to a new kid on the team, when Taylor calls my name. I look at her and lean slightly out of my truck just so I can hear her and suddenly I felt myself falling forwards so I grabbed hold of the wheel to support myself, while the rest of my team starts laughing... Yep, my klutz moment of the day right there.
However, speaking of trucks, I would really love to complain about my fuel light. So my truck's gas gauge doesnt work perfectly so instead I normally wait until about 200-250 miles then fill up again. Well due to my hectic week I've totally exceeded that, and instead was cruising up to about 300 before my fuel light came on. Well, this is where I get annoyed. It doesnt just come on and stay on. NOOOO... it comes on and then if I turn a corner or stop it goes off. At other times it does this weird thing where it goes from darker to lighter and back again. Other times it acts as its supposed to by staying on for periods of time. After long enough of being annoyed of this I finally get gas, but I would love for my truck to not have to annoy me into getting gas.
Yesterday at the first day back to track Coach had us do 40 lunges which led to massive soreness throughout us all. However, I pushed the pain back and did 3 miles with the boys. Which was amazing fun as we started singing on the way back to school. Don't Stop Believing by Journey to be exact. We're running down this quiet street when all of a sudden I hear Confer start screaming "Just a small town girl living in a looooonely world!" Very out of key I might add. Then Conner joined in and then I started up. So were running down this street screaming Journey and all I can do is think about how awesome these guys are and how much I'm going to miss them. Finally about the time we reach the corner we had ran out of breath so the singing had died, but still. I have this theory that runners love singing crazy stuff just to prove how crazy we are.
Once we got back we just sat there and talked about random stuff while stretching and listening to music as I had started my truck just to give us something to listen to. Which then caused me to ALMOST... not fully... fall out of my seat and onto the hard pavement below. I had been talking to a new kid on the team, when Taylor calls my name. I look at her and lean slightly out of my truck just so I can hear her and suddenly I felt myself falling forwards so I grabbed hold of the wheel to support myself, while the rest of my team starts laughing... Yep, my klutz moment of the day right there.
However, speaking of trucks, I would really love to complain about my fuel light. So my truck's gas gauge doesnt work perfectly so instead I normally wait until about 200-250 miles then fill up again. Well due to my hectic week I've totally exceeded that, and instead was cruising up to about 300 before my fuel light came on. Well, this is where I get annoyed. It doesnt just come on and stay on. NOOOO... it comes on and then if I turn a corner or stop it goes off. At other times it does this weird thing where it goes from darker to lighter and back again. Other times it acts as its supposed to by staying on for periods of time. After long enough of being annoyed of this I finally get gas, but I would love for my truck to not have to annoy me into getting gas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment