We started out really fast which is normal for us. Whenever we run together we tend to get excited and just take off. So we headed on the normal route, down cheyenne, turn onto tenaya run to the basin. When were just about to cross the street before the soccer park, a car started to pull out and almost hit us.
As rediculous as this may seem, this isnt something new to us. In fact we have become quite used to it, we even tend to laugh about it now. Anyways, this car didnt even notice that we had stepped into the intersection when it decided to head straight for the stop sign. Only when we noticed it did we jump back onto the sidewalk and the driver kept going right pass the intersection into the road. We laughed it off, but had we not of jumped back up onto the sidewalk, who knows what would of happened. Well, probably nothing, the driver would more than likely have just slammed on his breaks and waited for us before barrelling out into the intersection anyways. Gotta love the drivers who live in Vegas.
So once we had avoided our close encounter with the car we continued to the second basin where, instead of what we've been doing lately which is laps around it, we headed up toward Cimmaron.
Tonight I took charge of the conversation, first starting with local gossip. Which I will not repeat here. Then I went into an overview of my crazy week. Basically I told her all about the issues I've been having with my team and then some of the brighter sides of my days. Then she told me how her team doesnt have as many issues as mine does. Proving once again how much cooler her team is then mine.
About halfway back towards the store I recieved a text message, so I began texting while running. This isnt as easy as it sounds. For one the phone is bouncing with every step you take making it hard to read the screen. So we then had to keep slowing down so I could text. Because, I couldnt not text back of course for that would be rude!
So my lessons learned tonight: Look both ways before crossing the street; Don't text and run.
P.S: Britt and I did make it back safely.




No comments:
Post a Comment