Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Tuesday's Gone
It's funny how one little change in your daily routine can spice up your life so much. For example heres how my day went...all because of one little change.
I woke up this morning at 5:30 instead of 5:00, causing me to rush to get ready. And once I was, it was too late for me to get gas for my truck before picking up Taylor to make it to school on time. So I dash out of the house and get Taylor, however about half way to school my fuel light comes on so we quickly pull into the gas station, where I ran in and got a bag of twizlers and $5 of gas, and then we were pulling into the parking lot. Now, when I started to driving to school, I parked everyday in the same spot. That same spot I have parked in for the last 3 years now, unless there was a late night track meet, and then I parked near the coaches. So you can probably understand both my amazement/frustration that I have when I see someone has parked in my spot. After all... I do see it as being mine after 3 years of parking there. So instead I park next to my spot and cringe as I see someone else... wait no... my best friend's truck... parked there.
I get out of my truck ranting about my spot, and trip over the curb. Not once, not twice, but more like 5 times. Then I remember, I parked here once before. And I had tripped then too! No wonder I park away from curbs.
However, after that the day went smoothly until I got home. Once I home I proceeded to rip my favorite jeans. My door handles to my rooms are these pretty swirly things that are just perfect for catching belt loops if one gets to close. Well, I did, and now my favorite pair of jeans lay in my moms office waiting to be stitched back up. I had kept walking with so much force that I ripped them! I sat in shock before changing into a pair of running pants that had no way to get caught on door handles.
I woke up this morning at 5:30 instead of 5:00, causing me to rush to get ready. And once I was, it was too late for me to get gas for my truck before picking up Taylor to make it to school on time. So I dash out of the house and get Taylor, however about half way to school my fuel light comes on so we quickly pull into the gas station, where I ran in and got a bag of twizlers and $5 of gas, and then we were pulling into the parking lot. Now, when I started to driving to school, I parked everyday in the same spot. That same spot I have parked in for the last 3 years now, unless there was a late night track meet, and then I parked near the coaches. So you can probably understand both my amazement/frustration that I have when I see someone has parked in my spot. After all... I do see it as being mine after 3 years of parking there. So instead I park next to my spot and cringe as I see someone else... wait no... my best friend's truck... parked there.
I get out of my truck ranting about my spot, and trip over the curb. Not once, not twice, but more like 5 times. Then I remember, I parked here once before. And I had tripped then too! No wonder I park away from curbs.
However, after that the day went smoothly until I got home. Once I home I proceeded to rip my favorite jeans. My door handles to my rooms are these pretty swirly things that are just perfect for catching belt loops if one gets to close. Well, I did, and now my favorite pair of jeans lay in my moms office waiting to be stitched back up. I had kept walking with so much force that I ripped them! I sat in shock before changing into a pair of running pants that had no way to get caught on door handles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment