Sunday, January 25, 2009

Partying it up...

Last night was Jason's 18th birthday party, so I spent the night chilling with Centennial runners again. (Totally not meaning that in a bad way!)
So we get there and head out to play ultimate frisbee. Now, this is a sport that every cross country runner should know how to play. When I started cross country three years ago, I knew how to play, and did so often. However, over the past couple of years, my team has ceased playing leaving all of us deprived of the ultimate experience. Naturally I'm concerned. Mainly, because its been awhile since I've played so I'm slightly rusty. However, I never really had any problems as the frisbee stayed away from me all night, I blame the wind.
After a little while, we switched things up to play freeze tag. I love playing tag. Mainly because its the one time that when sprinting I don't feel horribly lame because you've got a goal in mind and it's all fun in the end. So were playing tag and everything is going good up until the part where Nick gets hit. I wasnt there so I dont know what happened really, all I do know is that he was hit in the nose and hard enough for tag to no longer be fun. Instead we headed back to Jason's house.
There we sat around the fire and I listened as the boys told stories about their season and I learned way more about their team then I ever thought I would. But not in a bad way. I mean I dont think you could find a closer knit group of people. I also felt included when I was given a nickname. Everyone on the XC team has one. Mine is Cup-O'-Dirt. I myself am still not certain on the logic on how it got to that. The only bits of the thought process I picked up were: Moose--Moosen-- Boxen-- Brian Regan-- Cup-O'-Dirt. So yeah... the randomness continues!

No comments: