Thursday, January 22, 2009
Mini Putt Round Two... and Other Assorted Adventures....
So tonight Britt, Eliana (one of Britt's friends), and I went and tried out Jungle Putt, the new mini putt place on Lake Mead.
Now I know, why would Britt go golfing with me again, especially since she was there for my original escapade where I was hitting both stationary and moving objects. Well, I can't honestly answer that either. My guess is that she just trusts me enough not to kill her. Anyways... So we go in get our golf balls and clubs, which are awesomely fancy colors might I add, and walk through a curtain, not a door, but a curtain into this whole totally different area. Inside was the mini golf arena, where its completely lit by black lights and there's neon glowing paint on the bricks, the wall, and even a lion chilling on a bench!
So the we start, and the first thing you do is hit the ball through this hole in the wall. Now my first reaction is, oh no, what i have i done, me get that thing through that small space, impossible! However, i was wrong. Instead I make it in one shot. Needless to say I am in shock. The rest of the night goes like this. Making shots I would normally deem impossible and not even hitting anything. So basically... dont take me PUTTING, take me MINIATURE GOLFING.
So after this, we're walking out to the car and its only 7:30... which is way to early to call it a night. So what do we decide to do, go chill at a park. So were driving up Lake Mead and suddenly I get the idea to have Jason come along. So Britt calls Jason on my phone and we basically tell him that he has no choice and were picking him up in like 5 minutes. So we pick Jason up and cruise over to Lone Mountain Park because well it was like right there. No sooner do we get there when he gets a text from Scott saying everyone's at metro... Back in the car, and drive to metro.
So when we get to metro, a game of pickup soccer gets started. Now of course, being there I would have to play. So I'm standing there testing out my ankle from last night, since I was the smart one who went for a run on it earlier in the day. Thats about the time I decide that i'll stay out of the game, and instead just watch.Plus this is what I prefer when it comes to soccer as I play horribly. After a little while the game stopped and everyone just started hanging out and talking instead. Well after awhile of this and some interesting conversations about Centennial, it started raining. So we moved to a gazebo on a hill to protect us from the rain... just not the wind. So after sitting up there for awhile we ended up deciding we should do something else, so we went to the cars and sat inside them until we figured out what to do. And that was basically "Follow" so we got in our cars and attempted to follow, but were unsuccessful, so we ended up at Scott's house, where we chilled instead. Later learning that we were supposed to follow Doxey to Walmart.
But overall... besides the annoying ankle pain, I spent a pretty good night out hanging with people totally by random and who I wont see for awhile come August.
Now I know, why would Britt go golfing with me again, especially since she was there for my original escapade where I was hitting both stationary and moving objects. Well, I can't honestly answer that either. My guess is that she just trusts me enough not to kill her. Anyways... So we go in get our golf balls and clubs, which are awesomely fancy colors might I add, and walk through a curtain, not a door, but a curtain into this whole totally different area. Inside was the mini golf arena, where its completely lit by black lights and there's neon glowing paint on the bricks, the wall, and even a lion chilling on a bench!
So the we start, and the first thing you do is hit the ball through this hole in the wall. Now my first reaction is, oh no, what i have i done, me get that thing through that small space, impossible! However, i was wrong. Instead I make it in one shot. Needless to say I am in shock. The rest of the night goes like this. Making shots I would normally deem impossible and not even hitting anything. So basically... dont take me PUTTING, take me MINIATURE GOLFING.
So after this, we're walking out to the car and its only 7:30... which is way to early to call it a night. So what do we decide to do, go chill at a park. So were driving up Lake Mead and suddenly I get the idea to have Jason come along. So Britt calls Jason on my phone and we basically tell him that he has no choice and were picking him up in like 5 minutes. So we pick Jason up and cruise over to Lone Mountain Park because well it was like right there. No sooner do we get there when he gets a text from Scott saying everyone's at metro... Back in the car, and drive to metro.
So when we get to metro, a game of pickup soccer gets started. Now of course, being there I would have to play. So I'm standing there testing out my ankle from last night, since I was the smart one who went for a run on it earlier in the day. Thats about the time I decide that i'll stay out of the game, and instead just watch.Plus this is what I prefer when it comes to soccer as I play horribly. After a little while the game stopped and everyone just started hanging out and talking instead. Well after awhile of this and some interesting conversations about Centennial, it started raining. So we moved to a gazebo on a hill to protect us from the rain... just not the wind. So after sitting up there for awhile we ended up deciding we should do something else, so we went to the cars and sat inside them until we figured out what to do. And that was basically "Follow" so we got in our cars and attempted to follow, but were unsuccessful, so we ended up at Scott's house, where we chilled instead. Later learning that we were supposed to follow Doxey to Walmart.
But overall... besides the annoying ankle pain, I spent a pretty good night out hanging with people totally by random and who I wont see for awhile come August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment