Sunday, January 18, 2009
Life is short...live it up....
So this weekend has been really hard for me for the past 4 years, as on this weekend 5 years ago my grandma died. We were really close and I miss her daily. The pain has lessened over the years however, MLK weekend always hurts me the most out of everything I do.
This weekend however, I was struck with more tragedy, however not as directly. This weekend, two arbor students died in two unrelated accidents. One of the kids I didn't know at all. I knew of him. I can still remember his performance in Poe's Midnight Dreary, but that's it. The other however, I did. He was in my orchestra class and played the bass. I've known him since 8th grade when we used to mock the teacher together. He was quiet but when he did talk, it was smart or funny or both. I'm not quite sure how I'll react come class on Tuesday.
But I realized today as I sat in the entryway to my room, as I broke down crying about the three people mentioned above. Life is short. You can never quite pinpoint when it will end, tomorrow or 80 years from now. So you should live it as though its ending tomorrow. So my new year's resolution (made way late) is to live life to the fullest and be unafraid of outcomes, see where that takes me...
This weekend however, I was struck with more tragedy, however not as directly. This weekend, two arbor students died in two unrelated accidents. One of the kids I didn't know at all. I knew of him. I can still remember his performance in Poe's Midnight Dreary, but that's it. The other however, I did. He was in my orchestra class and played the bass. I've known him since 8th grade when we used to mock the teacher together. He was quiet but when he did talk, it was smart or funny or both. I'm not quite sure how I'll react come class on Tuesday.
But I realized today as I sat in the entryway to my room, as I broke down crying about the three people mentioned above. Life is short. You can never quite pinpoint when it will end, tomorrow or 80 years from now. So you should live it as though its ending tomorrow. So my new year's resolution (made way late) is to live life to the fullest and be unafraid of outcomes, see where that takes me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment