Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pup & Moose Night Out!

So tonight I got to hang out with Pup. It's been awhile since this has occurred, mainly due to the fact that he had a girl friend who I think strongly disliked me. Any who... this guy is my best friend. He knows me better than anyone else, and is one of the few people who can see through my peppy facade and know that I'm hurting or contemplating really hard.
Little bit of background info... I meant Pup (he will from here on forth be referred to this) my sophomore and his freshman year of Cross Country, back when the team was small. After hanging out with him at every meet, I developed a bond with him, to the point where he became like a little brother to me. Last year, we drifted apart, however this year... we found each other again... thanks to me signing my letter of intent and him realizing that I'm leaving him eventually...
So we decided to go see a movie, and we ended up seeing He's Just Not That Into You.
Now, totally not a movie to see with a guy first off, I mean maybe a date movie, but not with the guy you think of as your little brother. The movie is about 9 different people and their love lives. And how they intertwine.
Gigi: Wants to find the perfect guy...
Alex: Knows everything about the dating world...
Beth: Has been dating the same guy for 7 years, still not married...
Neil: Doesn't believe in marriage....
Janine: Has trust issues...
Ben: Falling for his mistress...
Anna: In love with a married guy....
Conor: In love with a girl who just wants to be friends...
Mary: Can't seem to work out the digital age...
Now, I'm not a big chick flick fan, but for sure this one tops my list... both the chick flick list and Christmas list. It has a good plot, which is easy to follow. Funny dialogue/ intertwined with random anecdotes. Overall, however, it shows those of us who sit there pondering over whether or not he really likes us, that there is hope out there. That we might not be the relationship rule, we might be the exception.
However, hottness alert: Justin Long
Birthday: June 2nd
Best known for: Dodgeball; Accepted; Mac Commercials

Needless to say, I however have now started wondering if I have been sent signals throughout life and ignored them because I was so into a guy that I couldn't realize that he was just not that into me? I mean, could Jim really not be into me and be too nice to say so. Could I be the rule??? Or is it possible that Jim actually likes me? That I could be the exception???? If only, if only Jim read this blog, then he could say whether or not I am a rule or exception! Or any other guy out there...

No comments: