Saturday, February 28, 2009
I am 18 years old... And yes... I am a Girl Scout
So this morning I went and sold Girl Scout cookies, and kept getting awkward looks. Maybe it was the fact that I was selling with someone who barely reached my hip when standing up straight. So of course the good little sales girl that I am I tell her to stand and ask if people if they would like to buy cookies. Well this worked, because who can turn down a little girl? I mean that's just heartless. However, an 18 year old? Psh, why she selling cookies anyways? My personal favorite part of the day, and when I say this I'm using sarcasm, was when she asked an old lady if she wanted to buy cookies and the lady said how good of a salesperson she was. Then this lovely woman turned to me and told me I must be so proud. I looked at her in confusion, and she asked me if I was the mother. The little girl is like 6! Now, at school I'm mistaken for a sophmore or a junior weekly, however now I'm being mistaken for a mom! Come on people, pick which age spectrum im in. I did inform her sweetly however that the little girl was not mine and her mother was standing off to the side which helped settle things a tad bit.
So in case you havent bought your Girl Scout cookies yet, or you did and need more... Call me! Text me! Facebook me! e-mail me! comment me! I dont care how you do it, but support those who aren't "supposed" to be in Girl Scouts still. I can be a Girl Scout until I graduate, and then I become an adult member. So support the older girls, and not the cute little ones, they have lots of years ahead of them, ours are limited.
So in case you havent bought your Girl Scout cookies yet, or you did and need more... Call me! Text me! Facebook me! e-mail me! comment me! I dont care how you do it, but support those who aren't "supposed" to be in Girl Scouts still. I can be a Girl Scout until I graduate, and then I become an adult member. So support the older girls, and not the cute little ones, they have lots of years ahead of them, ours are limited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Haha, are you the mother? I'm gonna bug u with that one for a while. I can't believe that. I think you look like a junior or senior, maybe only because I've known u long enough not to mistake that anymore. That's just hilarious though. I can't believe that. Haha
Post a Comment