Sunday, March 8, 2009
Over a Week Has Passed...
Since I blogged last. Wow... I feel like I was negligent. So heres a brief run down on my week just to get us all up to date.
Monday: Official Track practice started! Yay! My last season of high school sports is here. Ok, well thats not the "yay" part, the "yay" comes more from the fact that the sport i dread participating in the most is finally around and will soon be over. So we started it out with some fun speed work. Basically it was a twisted timed ladder, which I love. However, afterwards we had to do buildups on the field, and my knee locked up. (not good!) So because of this unfortunate event, I've been icing my knee all week long after any form of a workout.
Tuesday: The double A day. Which was extremely boring considering the teachers didnt want to do anything and get us ahead of the other class. Which makes complete sense as that would mean that their lesson plans would have to be different from now on, or until they got us back on the same track. After school I talked with the trainer about my knee and she told me that I could have either torn my meniscus or bruised it. We're hoping that it's bruised as that can recover a whole lot better than a torn meniscus
Wednesday: We ran a timed mile in practice. And yeah, lets just say that my time wasnt quite where I wanted it however I'm hoping that once I get in a race that will change. Work was different tonight without all my other running buddies showing up, and the fact that I didnt run as my season has started and I cant be doing two workouts a day. So instead I stayed at the store, which really isnt as much fun as running with the group, but still pretty awesome.
Thursday: Hill work for track. That was interesting, as I dont really see the need for hill work when your staying around a flat circle. But thats just my personal opinion.
Friday: Today was a REALLY boring day. I listened to the band in orchestra because I'm not in the musical so I couldnt be at the rehearsal. Then in Pre-calc I fell asleep. I didnt even know how tired I was. Well, actually, I think I did, since I didnt even stay up to watch the office the night before, instead I woke up at 5:00 in the morning to watch it. Jim left his phone at home so I was without a texting buddy, however I thought that he was ignoring me for most of the day so that kind of put me in a somber mood.
Saturday: Practice at 8 to run for thirty minutes. Why I couldnt just have woke up and done that on my own I honestly dont know, but I went anyways. Then later was Sadies. It was pretty fun. First we went to Bear's house and played the name game, hoping that everyone could get a chance to learn everyone's name. Then to my house for photos. After that we went mini golfing (wow, as horrible as I am at this game, I spend quite some time there.) Then to dinner at CiCi's pizza. Next we went to the dance where we mainly stood around until the occasional line dance came on that we knew and then we had a little bit of fun with it. Then it was back to Bear's house where we went and played capture the flag and battle of the sexes. Pretty fun day and our shirts actually were pretty cool looking, however I did keep finding design flaws, but hey I guess since I did the designs that basically necessary.
So yeah, that was my week. Pretty overall boring, hence the not blogging for over a week, but I'll try and have a little bit more entertainment in my life this next week to fix that!
Monday: Official Track practice started! Yay! My last season of high school sports is here. Ok, well thats not the "yay" part, the "yay" comes more from the fact that the sport i dread participating in the most is finally around and will soon be over. So we started it out with some fun speed work. Basically it was a twisted timed ladder, which I love. However, afterwards we had to do buildups on the field, and my knee locked up. (not good!) So because of this unfortunate event, I've been icing my knee all week long after any form of a workout.
Tuesday: The double A day. Which was extremely boring considering the teachers didnt want to do anything and get us ahead of the other class. Which makes complete sense as that would mean that their lesson plans would have to be different from now on, or until they got us back on the same track. After school I talked with the trainer about my knee and she told me that I could have either torn my meniscus or bruised it. We're hoping that it's bruised as that can recover a whole lot better than a torn meniscus
Wednesday: We ran a timed mile in practice. And yeah, lets just say that my time wasnt quite where I wanted it however I'm hoping that once I get in a race that will change. Work was different tonight without all my other running buddies showing up, and the fact that I didnt run as my season has started and I cant be doing two workouts a day. So instead I stayed at the store, which really isnt as much fun as running with the group, but still pretty awesome.
Thursday: Hill work for track. That was interesting, as I dont really see the need for hill work when your staying around a flat circle. But thats just my personal opinion.
Friday: Today was a REALLY boring day. I listened to the band in orchestra because I'm not in the musical so I couldnt be at the rehearsal. Then in Pre-calc I fell asleep. I didnt even know how tired I was. Well, actually, I think I did, since I didnt even stay up to watch the office the night before, instead I woke up at 5:00 in the morning to watch it. Jim left his phone at home so I was without a texting buddy, however I thought that he was ignoring me for most of the day so that kind of put me in a somber mood.
Saturday: Practice at 8 to run for thirty minutes. Why I couldnt just have woke up and done that on my own I honestly dont know, but I went anyways. Then later was Sadies. It was pretty fun. First we went to Bear's house and played the name game, hoping that everyone could get a chance to learn everyone's name. Then to my house for photos. After that we went mini golfing (wow, as horrible as I am at this game, I spend quite some time there.) Then to dinner at CiCi's pizza. Next we went to the dance where we mainly stood around until the occasional line dance came on that we knew and then we had a little bit of fun with it. Then it was back to Bear's house where we went and played capture the flag and battle of the sexes. Pretty fun day and our shirts actually were pretty cool looking, however I did keep finding design flaws, but hey I guess since I did the designs that basically necessary.
So yeah, that was my week. Pretty overall boring, hence the not blogging for over a week, but I'll try and have a little bit more entertainment in my life this next week to fix that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I think you just bruised ur meniscus because my dad tore it and he could barely walk. But I may be wrong. But ya, we all have boring weeks.
Post a Comment