Saturday, March 28, 2009

Honest to Blog!

So this weekend was the Las Vegas Track Classic. Last night I ran the 1600m leg in the DMR, Distance medly race, which is a 1200, 400, 800, 1600. We had the last race and sat there from 2:30 till 8:30. So not only were we stiff, but also cold. So we warmed up, the race wasnt starting until after it was supposed to because as usual we were off schedule. After about an hour of warming up we checked in. And then after that we were led onto the track. Only to stand around for 15 minutes without our sweats watching the boys DMR. Finally we got our turn, and took fourth! Yay, another medal!!!
Then today first thing I ran the 5000m. That's right 12 1/2 laps around the track. Nuts right? Yeah when you take first by 2 minutes not so much. The nuts part was where I went and 3000 afterwards. I didnt place to hot in that.
After the meet, I went and picked up B-dubb so we could to a baptism. It was really nice and cool. After the baptism, we chilled out with Jim in the parking lot of the stake center trying to figure out what to do. Us girls were starving since we had spent the day at the meet so we decided food was the best option. We ended up getting a big bag of chips and a small bag of swedish fish and chilling out at a park. It was tons of fun and nice since I havent seen Jim since Sadies. So the three of us sat in our skirts and dresses (b-dubb and I) or suit in Jim's case, on a pinic table eating swedish fish, potato chips and just talking about random stuff. So now b-dubb and I are chilling at my house watching Juno (hence the title) trying not to fall asleep because were so tired.

1 comment:

SFP said...

Swedish fish are gross, it's B-Dubb, not B-Dub, and congrats on your great weekend of running, except for the 3000, which was pretty funny. And u should have seen today, the LVTC was crazy, but we ran at Legacy today and finished in record-breaking time, 3 hours. We only had like 5 minutes to warm up for the mile after checking in. Haha, and good luck tomorrow, that is if u are running.