Saturday, March 14, 2009

I love you more than... Apple Pie for Breakfast!

Well currently I've become obsessed with the website mentioned below, so until I stop, there will be some funky "I love you more than..." as my title! Which is completely ironic considering I have no one that really fits the bill in which this is talking. I have no signiciant other. All I have is my best buddies : Bear, Jim, J-Flash, Pup, Kaitie, and so on and so forth. So the irony is that I love these fun sayings but have no one to say them to. Awesomeness right?!
So track is finally here. Well I guess its technically been here for awhile but the first meet was last night and as much as I dislike the sport (track not running!) I can honestly say that I will be missing it. I mean, yeah, I might end up running it next year at RMC but seriously?! I will never get to run again with my team that I have now. And to make matters worse, Millz isnt even running this year. Him, me, and a hurdeler were the going to be the only 3 that stuck around after four years. Sad right?! So now instead of two distance runners and a hurdeler its one and one. So to keep up the mood of the distance runners here are my top 5 favorite distance runners EVER!
5. Adam Goucher
I think I started liking him after I read Running With the Buffaloes. (Go read it) But hes an awesome runner and I would like to meet him one day.
4. Jordan Hassay
Ok... this girl is my age, has qualified for the Olympic Trials... and made it to the FINALS! She is AMAZING and I totally wish I could run like her. Oh! And I met her two years ago at Footlocker. She was so sweet!
3. Steve Prefontaine
No description needed for this guy. And if you do need one, please hit up google because I will be seriously disappointed otherwise.
2. Kara Goucher
Yes, she is married to Adam (see #5) She is by far my favorite female distance runner, and totally kicks butt in every race she does. My parents actually laughed at me this past summer during the trials because I had to see her run otherwise my day would be ruined. Thats how much I idolize this lady!
1. Ryan Hall
Oh man... this guy has it all. Not only can he run well, is extremely involved in charities, but look at him. He is a good looking runner! But thats not why hes number one. He earned this spot by being a well rounded person and runner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, um, can u tell me about Steve Prefontaine? Haha, jk jk. He is my number 1, by far. But that's pretty cool that you made this list. And how come I wasn't mentioned in your best friend list? haha, again, jk.