Monday, February 23, 2009

The Moaning Myrtles

As of today... Mondays will be known as Music Mondays! I know original right? Now let me explain how I came to decide on having this segment. Today I was sitting in student aide listening to Wizard Rock (music based on the Harry Potter books) when I had an epiphany that I listen to a wide variety of music. I mean look at my playlist to the left. It's got a very interesting supply of music on there. Anyways, I sat there then wondering what I like about the bands I do, especially since I often get the famed comment "Why do you listen to that?!" You know what I'm talking about, the phrase that was supposed to be a question, but turns into a harsh dig. Which then led me to deciding that I would post about these random bands that I get the question about and why I like them each week along with my normal post.

The Moaning Myrtles
Now, I honestly have no clue why I'm starting with these two. It might be because it's what I have been listening the most for the past two days since I recently recovered my Wizard Rock files and fell in love with it all over again. Anyways...
This band is comprised of Lauren and Nina from New Jersey who were inspired to start a wizard rock band after seeing Harry and the Potters in concert. Surprisingly enough, Moaning Myrtle was auctually the first choice character for the band for both girls. They started perfoming in 2006 and have continued since. They have released two albums over the years, Toliet Humor and What About Myrtle. You can check them out on either myspace or on facebook. Both sites have a taste of their music. I suggest you listen to Transparent and You Can't Speak Snake which are on both, but on the myspace site also try Choko Ono. But keep in mind that this is based off the Harry Potter novels, so if you weren't quite a fan of them or havent even read them, then I wouldn't listen the music as you probably wouldnt enjoy it.

So the rest of my day was pretty basic. Except I cut my finger. I was organizing food for care packages for the troops and I picked up a cardboard box that had paper stapled onto it. As i lifted the box my thumb slid across the staple spicing it in the middle. So I was then a bloody mess and had to sit there calmly waiting for it to stop bleeding before I could touch anything. Which was slightly boring as Jim wasnt texting me this morning and the freshmen were sitting there doing their work. But once it stopped bleeding I got back to work and finished making the food look nice and neat and not crazily chaotic as it was before I attacked it. However the splice in my thumb did make it harder to text as I had to apply pressure to my thumb which tended to be painful. But since Jim wasnt that talkative to begin the day out it wasnt the end of the world.
Also minor note, I need a new candle. I have a pretty one from Salt Lake City Candle Company that smells like limes that I LOVE, however today I was looking at it and I realized i have done a pretty spiffy job of burning it down to almost nothing. So I have to now decide which scent I want, which will be pretty complicated considering how many different scents there are. So help me out pretty please... let me know which scent or scents I should consider.

No comments: