Saturday, February 14, 2009

Singles Awareness Day

I strongly dislike Valentine's Day. Why you may ask? Because A.) It's overly commercialized. How many other holidays were created by a company just to help to business, and then it is accepted by a million other companies to the point where it has become basic common instinct to rush out and buy something for your significant other or crush or friend or whatever else you feel you need to tell that you love/care for them. B.) I dont believe that you should only have to tell someone that you care for them 1 day out of the year. What about the other 364 or 365 when its a leap year. I mean should they spend it wondering if you actually have feelings for them or not. I dont think they should. I think that doing something romantic on Valentine's Day is so cliche. If you would rather impress someone why not be romantic on a random day that has nothing to do with birthdays, anniversarys, or celebrations or holidays of any kind.
That being said, I did actually get something rather sweet today. So I was planning on spending the day at work and then going home and sitting around by myself, watching chick flicks and being reminded that for the 19th valentines day I am once again alone. But then someone came into work and gave me a bag that contained a card and a bag of candy, and a small stuffed puppy dog. Then when I texted the person and told them thanks for the gift. They explained how they didnt want me to be alone on valenines day so they gave me the puppy, who also likes chick flicks. So I named him Alex (yes I'm a dork, I was referring He's Just Not That Into You) and he's sitting by my side as I watch Picture Perfect and blog.
However, my plans were ruined. I ended up going out tonight and chilling with Britt instead. We started out at Lone Mtn. Park where we swung on the swings for awhile and were reminded that we loved swinging. Then we went down this totally tall windy slide which led to Britt exclaiming "Thats not child proof!" and me following it up with "It's not even teenager proof" and we both ended up in hysterics. Then some creepy guy started watching us so we ran to my truck and changed our base of operation to Metro, where we had to deal with the skateboarders, but we tuned them out and had some fun conversations instead as I bounced a soccer ball off my head and kept attempting not to hit Britt with it.

No comments: