I walked across campus carefully avoiding the ice patches that could lead to an embarrassing slip. My light brown hair billowed slightly behind me due to the winter wind, and my wolf gray eyes focused on the ground. With only 800 people in the school, I knew that if I didn’t want to see him, I would. As much as I wished I could claim otherwise, I still wasn’t over him. It had been three weeks since that fateful phone call where he revealed that they were over because there was someone else. Soon his facebook profile photo had changed from one of him by himself, to one of him hugging a blonde. That’s when the tears began, a week later when the reality of the relationship had set in. With the new semester coming up, I swore that I would avoid him at all costs and get over him by never seeing him. That lasted all of ten minutes into the first day of the spring semester.
He came to a stop right in front of me. I didn’t have to look up to know who it was, the chocolate brown boots with the scuff across the top belonged to only him. As I sidestepped around him, I heard that familiar voice I used to love hearing, but now broke my heart.
“Kelsey,” I looked up and saw him standing there, wearing the hat I had bought him last semester.
“Cameron.”
“Um, how have you been?” Cameron was having a hard time with the conversation making it seem even more awkward then it needed to be
“Fine,” I snapped back the response and clutched her books tighter to my chest.
“That’s good,” he shuffled his feet and continued to stand there.
“Well, as much as I love this dashing conversation, I have to get to class,” Kelsey quickly stepped around him and hurried up into the building.
Once in the building, I pulled out my phone, but just as I was about to begin a new text, the person it was going to, walked in.
“Hales!” I called out, “I just ran into
Haley got a look on her face that resembled compassion, then placed an arm around my shoulders. “I’m sorry hun. Lets get through this class and then after class we’ll go get ice cream and nice chick flick and complain about our problems.”
I looked at my friend and smiled slightly. Haley had been there for me over through everything, from the “I think I like him” to the “He dumped me”. But of course, Haley herself had just gotten out of a relationship. The day that I had sent her the text saying it was over between me and Cameron, I got a similar one back from Haley. Since then, we had been mad at the male race, well Haley more so mad, I was more of sad and hoping to get Cameron back if at all possible. As we walked into class and sat down, I thought back to the first day I had met Cameron.
So whatcha think???




1 comment:
Ohmygosh Katie. Write a book. Please. :)
xoxo
jenn
Post a Comment