Monday, April 6, 2009

Montana!!!

So Thursday I headed to Montana at 4:00 that way on Friday I would be there for early registration and a scholarship dinner.
The drive up took 17 hours, luckily for me though mom and dad drove so I got to sleep in the backseat plus Jim was really sweet and texted me as much as he could which helped the drive go by faster. It was interesting to watch not only the scenery but also the weather change. We went from desert to grass fields covered in snow!
Friday I got my registration done for classes next year. So it's official I will be a Bear next year. I have a full class schedule, but I dont have a literature class which slightly saddened me, but I didn't have the space with required classes for my major. I also got my housing paperwork turned in, so sometime in July I should receive my roommate assignment. I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time. After registration we went to the scholarship dinner where I received my certificate on receiving the Presidential Scholarship.
After dinner I went and stayed with Kristin, one of the girls on the team. We sat up talking and watching tv until we were both too tired to say any more.
The next morning I woke up and ran a 5k. It was freezing out!

After the race, we piled back into the car and headed home. On the way back through Bozeman, Dad suddenly remembered that it was the location of my favorite yarn store, Stix! So we stopped in there and bought me some yarn. I got a nice one in an oatmeal color that I love and then some in yellow and green to make a school color scarf. That was mom's idea. So yeah.. that was my whirlwind trip up to Montana and back in roughly 72 hours. Check out some photos from the trip.

Snowy covered mountains we got to drive through

Statue of the bear in front out the school (its made out of recycled escalators!)

The old admissions building

The new admissions building

A farm house that we passed on our way into Bozeman

No comments: