Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Press Release on Signing for Rocky Mountain College

Kathryn Carrell from Las Vegas, NV has signed a letter of intent to participate in the sport of Cross Country at Rocky Mountain College. Katie, a Senior at Arbor View High School had a fantastic senior season and capped off the season with a 13th place finish at the state meet held in Boulder City, NV. "Katie came in first or second in nine of eleven races this year," said Coach King. "She will make an immediate impact on the team and should help us move up in conference." Carrell will provide depth to the young squad that finished the 2008 fall season with a third place conference finish and qualified its first individual to nationals.

Katie is the daughter of Kyle and Tara Carrell and plans on majoring in Exercise Science.

I'm really excited over having signed to run at Rocky next year. When I met the team and the coach in early November I told mom that I would do anything it took for me to attend this school. So when it came time to sign I was more than ready to say yes to coach King.

Funny story though: When we were up in Montana to see the school dad had one request: Bring me back a hat. So mom and I did.As hes begun wearing his new hat around town we've been amazed at the amount of people who know the school. But what we have learned from him wearing it is that almost everyone in Montana wishes to send their kid there. So now we know for sure that this was a good plan and also an amazing turn of fate.

No comments: