That quote from the song by ABBA which the movie is named after basically says it all.
For my 18th birthday I was given not only the DVD but also tickets to the show.
The synopsis of both is that Sophie is about to get married without knowing her father, yet would like to solve this problem. So she invites the three men who possibly fathered her with hopes that she would discover her real father.
The movie soundtrack list includes: I Have a Dream, Honey, Honey, Money, Money, Money, Mamma Mia!, Chiquitita, Dancing Queen, Our Last Summer, Lay All Your Love on Me, Super Trouper, Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight), Voulez-Vous, SOS, Does Your Mother Know, Slipping Through My Fingers, The Winner Takes It All, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, When All Is Said and Done, Take a Chance on Me.
The one problem I had with the movie is the amount of time the company spent in the scene. All these random villagers were bouncing around on the roof of a building with Donna. Now while normal musicals have the same problem, it isn't as noticeable as the main character stays in the frame. With Mamma Mia! the company took up most of the film during the songs that included them as backup singers. However, even with this slight problem I still recommend everyone to see it. Especially if you were a fan of ABBA and disco.
Here's a clip of SOS:




No comments:
Post a Comment