Saturday, November 14, 2009

Feature #1

So as I explained earlier this week, I'm going to start doing features on blogs that I subscribe to. This week it's actually two blogs, but they're both wrote by the same author. XCflyboy has a movie review and an indie alternative blog which features different indie bands and their music. So please meet XCflyboy:

1. What's your favorite movie and why?
I really don't have a favorite movie. There a lot of different movies which I like and in a bunch of different categories. I always have liked the original Star Wars movies, I enjoy 2001: A Space Odyssey, I also like That Thing You Do and What's Up Doc, but for a movie which is insanely quotable and always enjoyable I would have to say The Three Amigos. Not only is it incredibly funny, but the actors such as Steve Martin and Chevy Chase are impeccable in their roles... I always love that movie.
2. What movie are you most excited for thats coming out? Why?
The movie I am most looking forward too is James Cameron's new film Avatar. I love science fiction, so any new sci-fi always sparks my interest. I am excited for this movie because I am curious to see this revolutionary new CGI effects, as well as see how the 3D and Imax work out. With all the technology that is put into this film, if everything works together perfectly, it will be a landmark movie and will influence film for years to come.
3. What are you currently listening to?
As always, I'm usually listening to a variety of music. But as of this very instant I am listening to Glass Museum by Tortoise... However, as of late I have been listening to a lot of The Postal Service, Interpol, Oh No Oh My, The Smiths, and Bombay Bicycle Club.
4. What band would like to meet and why?
I would probably most want to meet The Beatles, together, in their prime. They are the most influential band on the music that I listen to, and British, which is a definite plus. Many people don't realize how much The Beatles has influenced music, but everything from current rock drumming patterns all the way to certain chord structures started with them. Besides The Beatles, I would like to meet The Smiths when they were together as well as contemporary bands like Modest Mouse or Death Cab for Cutie.
5. Whats your favorite thing about blogging about movies and music?
My favorite thing about blogging about movies and music is that I get to write about my opinion. I used to do this by writing reviews on iTunes, but I found that it is much more enjoyable to blog about what I do or do not like. This way, it is only my opinion, and is not skewed by other opinions that can be presented. I am always opinionated on whatever I do, so I find that blogging is an outlet to inform other people of my opinion. Usually on my music blog I don't tear down other bands, but for some reason I really enjoy giving scathing reviews of bad movies. In an age were terrible movies such as Transformers 2 can be huge box office hits, I feel as though I am bringing a little bit of sanity to the world. However, I don't have a huge fan following yet, but the people who do follow my blog are great, and I enjoy writing to them about the music and movies I do or do not enjoy.

If your wondering if a movie is worth seeing, or looking for a new band to listen to you should check out the blogs!

No comments: