Sunday, November 29, 2009

Calvin at MBP


So I once wrote how much I despised Calvin. See post here... the offending words basically were theat i dont even read his posts anymore. Well somewhere along the way, I began to do so again. And I wondered what made me stop to begin with. So I went back to the beginning and found out why. It was his arrogance. While Jake seemed like a sweetheart, here was Calvin just trying to get some girls to kiss him. And that irritated me as I knew a guy like him. Grrrr... weve all be there and hated them. However, he began to show a softer side making me realize that he was human and as I told him over facebook chat, like a porcupine. Sharp and pointy on the outside, Soft and cuddly on the inside, just have to break through the exterior.
Anyways, tonight I randomly messaged the guys over fb chat and ended up talking to Calvin. And after a little while I realized that I had seriously misjudged the guy. Here was this person that I had chosen to basically black list for awhile all because he seemed a little pompous. Aren't we all at some point? who was I to say that he wasnt 10x as cool as Jake. Who, by the way Calvin kept putting it, I put on a higher level and make Calvin equal out to. In actuality, they are two totally different people who are just as amazing as each other.

Because of the amazing conversation I had with Calvin, I came to realize that his posts are worth reading and this little icon will become a permanent fixture on my sidebar above my music player. Not only because I now love Calvin too, but to remind not just me, but everyone to not judge a digital book by its cover.

ps... I would now probably go horizontal with calvin... shhhhhh

No comments: