Friday, June 11, 2010

Old Photo Challenege

So here at BBL she challenged us to go through our old photos and write about them... so i dug deep into the archives of facebook photos since those are the only ones I really have here at college with me:

So this was my third to last race in high school, and it was Divisionals. The whole race I had raced right behind Brittany, and then when we rounded the corner I passed her and we finished the last two hundred meters that way. I was happy that I got the Division title, but I still look back at it and feel horrible. I had let my best friend do all the work, then took the credit.
This was taken in the dressing room at Hollister during winter break my senior year. Heather, Brittany and I had all made the trip to the mall so I could build a bear for sadies, and the three of us ended up spending most of the day taking photos in dressing rooms. This one is my favorite, because it was so hard to do. First the dressing room was seriously small, then i was on heathers back with brittany on my back. Some of the best runners in Vegas and I was sure one of us was going to end up hurt, thankfully not, and we got a fun photo out of it.
Sadies. As awkward as Zach and I look in this photo, we actually ended up not having an awkward time. Something about the photos though made us awkward with eachother, which i regret tremendously because I seriously love this kid. He's one of my best friends that I miss terribly and wish I talked to more.
This was taken at my first LDS dance I went to. It was a blast! I remember Colleen and I were trying to figure out how to swing dance right here, because neither of us knew really how. I remember I was nervous at first because I didnt know what it would be like... little did I know that it would be one of my favorite nights from my senior year.
I had just signed my letter of intent to run at Rocky Mountain College for college. I was so excited because I was one of the first athletes from my school to sign to compete for college. However, the second I stepped out of this meeting I broke down crying. I was the only athlete to not have their coach show up and support them in their signing and I truely realized for the first time how much my coach didnt actually support me.
This was after my last home track meet. What you see is a girl getting a hug from her mom while they watch a track meet. What you dont see is that I have tears streaming down my face and im babbling about how much Im going to miss everyone and what I expect them to do in the upcoming years. This was the first moment that it truely hit me that I was leaving and everyone was going to gone on without me.
Tyler Mills. We hated eachother freshman year, for reasons Im not even sure of. But by the time we graduated he had became one of my best friends. We talked about everything, and he knew probably more about me then I did myself. The top photo was taken during senior week at the bbq when I shed my first set of tears over having to say goodbye to him as he was going to Syracuse and I to Billings. The second was taken after graduation. During christmas break, I called him after finding this photo crying and telling him that I missed him. And I truely do. Without this kid, I would never have developed an optimistic view on life, he added the extra cynacism that I needed to be upbeat, and never once did he put a frown on my face. I love him with my heart and miss him everyday.

So I also challenge you. Look through your old photos and check out the memories and your feelings.

3 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

um. this post was beautiful! I am so amazed by your running skills! Tedward was a great runner, too.

You are awesome.

Sara said...

Lovely post. I so admire your honesty when writing about each of the photos. Your coach may not have supported you, I don't know if you're still running, and I know we don't know each other... but I support you :) I'm sure you're fabulous. :D

Jennifer said...

you're so good at being deep, katie! LOL

p.s. you hated Tyler freshman year because he was a jerkface to me ;D hahah trowing my shoes??

p.p.s. have you heard? Tyler and I don't hate each other anymore! :D LOL

p.p.p.s. just so you know, because i'm sure you'll really care, this word verification thing says "sessess" LOL idk how you say that!! hahaha

p.p.p.p.s. Yes, I am very tired and sleep deprived :D

p.p.p.p.p.s. okay i'm done :) ahahaha i'm crazy, but you know you love me <3