Saturday, June 20, 2009
Teens Read... Say what?!
So today I walked into the book store because I felt as if i needed to show some love to the publishing companies and get some new books.
So I walked in gathered up about 7 books and stepped into line. When I reached the cash register the conversation went as such:
Cashier: Do you need a gift certificate?
Me: No thank you
Cashier: You just know what your dad likes?
Me *giggles* no, these are actually for me
Cashier: But these are books
Me: Yeah they are
Cashier: Teens dont read
Me: *mouth drops open* Um, yes we do...
Cashier: Well for school yes
Me: And during summer
Cashier: Well for class yes
Me: and for fun
Cashier: No
Me: Yes
Cashier: Well you my dear are a strange bird and one of a kind. One day you will realize that the reason your alone in life is because your too smart for your own good. Why? Because you read during summer vacation.
So I took the bag from her and in shock walked out...
So in the mean time I would like to state... some teens do read for fun... and we do enjoy it.
So I walked in gathered up about 7 books and stepped into line. When I reached the cash register the conversation went as such:
Cashier: Do you need a gift certificate?
Me: No thank you
Cashier: You just know what your dad likes?
Me *giggles* no, these are actually for me
Cashier: But these are books
Me: Yeah they are
Cashier: Teens dont read
Me: *mouth drops open* Um, yes we do...
Cashier: Well for school yes
Me: And during summer
Cashier: Well for class yes
Me: and for fun
Cashier: No
Me: Yes
Cashier: Well you my dear are a strange bird and one of a kind. One day you will realize that the reason your alone in life is because your too smart for your own good. Why? Because you read during summer vacation.
So I took the bag from her and in shock walked out...
So in the mean time I would like to state... some teens do read for fun... and we do enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Hi. I'm the owner of a small publishing house for teens. I have "publishing for teens" listed as one of my Google Alerts, and your blog popped up. I just wanted to write and tell you that all adults are not that ignorant. And rude. LOL. We don't all think your life revolves around TV and text messaging.
I am a bookworm by nature and would read all day if I could. Hope you enjoy your books.
Post a Comment